This article shows the method to hard/factory reset Sony PlayStation 4 Pro. Find out how to reset your gaming console easily without any hassle. As a result you will be able to wipe all data and restore default settings in your Sony PlayStation 4 Pro.
To reset your device you just need to follow the simple steps below.
Also Read: How to Hard Reset Xbox Series S
Steps to reset Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
- To start with, switch off the PlayStation 4 by holding down the Power key for a few seconds and wait for your device to completely switch off.
- Then press the Power key to turn the console back on.
- Now, using the DualShock 4 controller, move to the Settings menu and press X.
- Afterwards, find the Initialization option and open it pressing X.
- You will see an options menu. Now, you can pick one of two methods – Restore Default Settings or Initialize PS4.
- Restore Default Settings will clear all of your saved data and bring your console back to its factory default settings, but will leave all data on your hard drive.
- Initialize PS4 option will do all of the above and wipe everything else found on your hard drive.
- If you pick Initialize PS4, you will see two options- Quick or Full. Choose Full if you want to make sure your PlayStation 4 console has been wiped clean.
- Confirm the whole operation by tapping Initialize one more time and Yes to begin the operation.
P.S. :This entire process may take some time. You should not turn off your console during the process.