Zoom has added a new Focus mode feature to its video conferencing app. The new mode aims at keeping students away from distractions while in a virtual classroom. It is enables teachers to hide videos and screen shares of students so that they won’t be able to see what their peers are doing in the class. The Focus mode in zoom is now available for all accounts, groups, and individual users.
Also read: How to factory reset a MacBook
With the new feature, Zoom will allow the meeting host to access all of the meeting’s participants videos. And at the same time giving them control to hide users in the meeting from seeing the live videos of their peers.
“Focus Mode allows educators to see their students’ videos, and students see their teachers without seeing other participants. With this feature, teachers can supervise their class. However, students won’t be distracted by their peers’ video feeds or feel self-conscious about turning on their own camera,” said Zoom in a statement.
Also Read: Nokia G50 Specifications and Features
How to activate Focus mode feature in Zoom during a meeting
To activate the Focus mode feature you need to follow these steps:
- First, start a new meeting as a host or a co-host. You can also join a meeting as a co-host.
- Now locate the “More” option inside of the meeting toolbar and click it.
- Select the “Start Focus Mode” option.
- Then, Click “Start” to confirm.
- After the Focus mode begins, Zoom will notify all participants including you with a banner on the top of the video.
- The Focus mode option will also remain always visible in the top-left corner of the video.