Want to know how to reset and wipe all data in NINTENDO Switch? Or are you looking for the ways to restore defaults in your NINTENDO Switch? This article will show you the easiest way to perform a hard reset/ factory reset operation in NINTENDO Switch.
Find out the easiest way to remove all personal data as well as customized settings and installed apps from NINTENDO Switch. As a result your console you will be able to use the entire MB storage and the battery will also work longer. You can use any of the two methods discussed below to accomplish reset process on your device.
Also read: How to Factory Reset SONY PlayStation 4 Slim
Steps to reset Nintendo Switch
- Begin with starting your Nintendo Switch by pressing the Power button.
- Then select the System Settings menu.
- After that select the System sub-menu inside.
- There, you will find an Initialize option click on it..
- Now you can choose one of two options: Reset Cache, Reset Keyboard, Format microSD Card, Initialize Console.
- Select Initialize Console. This will delete all data and accounts linked on your Nintendo Switch.
- First of all, you need to access the hidden Maintenance Mode of your Nintendo Switch.
- Then power off your Switch by pressing and holding the Power button.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons at the same time, then press the Power button too.
- While in Maintenance Mode, select Initialize Console. This won’t delete any of your saved data.
And finally, the hard reset/ factory reset on your Nintendo switch is complete.