WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps used by billions of users worldwide. The app is useful in many ways, but there are a few issues that users face. One of these issues is the inability to send high-quality photos through the app. WhatsApp compresses image quality by default for faster transfer of files. But there are a few tricks that can help you send WhatsApp images in high quality.
Also Read: HOW TO DOWNLOAD WHATSAPP STATUS ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
It is a good move, given it saves mobile data but in case you want to share pictures taken from a camera with your friend, it just ruins the experience. Although a WhatsApp Android beta update in July hinted at upcoming improvements to image compression, it hasn’t come to fruition yet.
However, all you need to do to send high quality pictures on WhatsApp is to follow a few simple steps.
Also Read: Realme Band 2 launched in India: Specifications, features and more
Steps to send high-quality images on WhatsApp
- First up, open your WhatsApp account.
- Then open the contact to whom you want to send the photo.
- In the chat screen, you will see a paper clip-like icon at the bottom, next to the camera icon.
- Tap on the paper clip icon, a list of icons will appear.
- Now click on the documents option.
- Then, select the photo you want to send in documents from your phone.
- If you are unable to find the photo, then tap on the ‘Browse other docs’ option on top.
- Now, navigate through the folders. Once you locate the image you want to send, select it and click on the send button.
And finally the image is sent to the designated recipient. Also keep in mind that it may take some time to reach the recipient depending on the size of the image and the internet speed.